Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I made a doll.

Or more accurately, I assembled one. Weez and I found this kit at a thrift store yesterday with a plastic head and a presewn body.
The sculpting instructions didn't call for a butt or a belly button or knees or elbows, basically just boxy fingers and toes. But I did everything anyway, because I happen to know how from repairing CPKs.
She looks very cpkish from the back. The hands are really boxy and I wish I had thought to modify it and sew thumbs into them before I stuffed her.

Oh, and on the other side of the thrift store, I found a prepackaged doll baby outfit in her size.
Bizarrely, the unfinished doll was in the toy section and the outfit (which would fit any 6-7 inch doll) was over with crafts. I don't pretend to understand these things. Eloise is pleased with her new "baby".



No comments:

Post a Comment