Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New diapers

I responded to an offer on freecycle where a person was giving away cloth diapers. Since my love of the bumgenius diapers was shortlived, I have been using prefolds and covers, but I only have 2 "good" covers, and she thinks it is funny to crap them every time I put them on her.


She's making this face like "It's just like Christmas, mommy!"
3 bummis covers, 1 wool cover, and 1 swim diaper
3 "dream eze" diapers (you can't really tell but the green one is this shiny satiny fabric on the outside, it cracks me up.)
6 grovia/gro baby shells, they have inserts that you snap in.
7 grovia all-in-one diapers

4 fitted diapers. The orange and yellow striped one is terrycloth on the outside, it is a very bright diaper.

There was also 19 of the snap in soakers that go to the grovia shells, and 18 doublers (which you use to make diapers slightly more absorbant for a nap or for going out or whatever), and 4 big overnight doublers. Oh, and about half a package of disposable inserts for the diapers. The lady made them sound like they were going to be nasty from her description on freecycle, but they seem clean enough to me. And the best part, as I was getting in my car to leave she said to me, "Please actually use them and don't just turn around and sell them." And I was like "say, I hadn't thought about just taking things that people are giving away on freecycle and then selling them for a profit..." *Rubs hands together*

Edit to add: I decided just for fun to price out what it would cost to buy this whole shebang brand new. $815.05 Of course if you spent that much they wouldn't come to you with stains, but your kid is just going to shit on them anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I was looking at your pictures, thinking "I wonder how much she could sell those for?" and then I got to the end of the post. So now I am sort of red faced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at all of them! After you get them all washed and ready you won't want to wait for her to pee just so you can try a different one on!

    ReplyDelete