Friday, April 8, 2011

Poor John

John is super competitive. For some reason, he wants to be the best at things, and then is disappointed when he is not. Take for example, bejeweled blitz on facebook. John thinks he is good at it, despite the fact that he is never in the top 5 on his leaderboard. He keeps on playing, convinced that he will one day be at the top. I always tell him that he needs to find something he is good at and not compare himself to other people's strengths, but he doesn't believe me. So he keeps on trying to find things he can be the best at. But he doesn't do it how I do it, if I find a game I enjoy that I feel I am pretty good at, I keep it to myself. I don't go sending challenges to Mom (unless it is something that I don't care about being the best at and I think she will enjoy it.) John found this card game on the computer that he was pretty good at and he enjoyed. So he thought, "I know, I will send my wife a challenge in this game so that I can feel superior or some shit!!" Yeah, sorry buddy, I just crushed your score. (Also the game is ridiculously addictive despite being not all that fun.) It reminds me of the Berenstain Bear book "Ready, Get set, Go!".
"Poor old papa bear, won't he ever do something the best, much much better than the rest?"

No comments:

Post a Comment