Monday, July 2, 2012

Parade...(and a PSA)

So every year I think "yay! The parade! I love the parade!" and I do enjoy it a bit, but it is hot and too long and poorly spaced out. There weren't nearly as many floats as usual this year though. And we went early and  scoped out a spot in the shade and left our chairs there to claim it, so we had decent seats, until some people came and stuffed themselves in between us and the people next to us and sort of crowded us.
Here's my mom and the girls all ready for this thing to start already. Serafina is a goof.
I don't know if she thinks this face is attractive or hilarious or what, but she likes to make it in pictures.

There's missy blue eyes watching the people walk by. She told me her favorite part of the parade was "the dogs" but there were no dogs in the parade, so I think she meant people walking their dogs past us when we were waiting for it to start.

She wants to know if we're having fun yet or what. My favorite float in the parade was one by a plumbing company that had rigged up a toilet fountain on it that sprayed water 50 feet in the air. I didn't take a picture of it though, because pictures of parades are really boring to go back and look at later.

Serafina liked the horses, although her favorite part of the parade was the candy. Her favorite float was one that looked like Yellowstone park because it had raccoons sitting at a picnic table and that is the height of comedy to a 5 year old.

Wilcoxson's was handing out ice cream bars, which was when Eloise decided this parade business might actually be fun.

I love that her tongue is blue.

Serafina got an ice cream bar too. I was glad we brought the sun hat because she was happy to wear it, and it kept her head from getting burned like at the family reunion. I had brought it for Eloise but she wasn't wearing it and Fi asked if she could.

Cutie chocolate face.

And now for the bonus public service announcement: If you decide to obliviously stand directly in front of someone for an hour so they can't really see the parade, they might get bored and start taking pictures of your butt. Just something to keep in mind.

We had a really good time in spite of these people, and Serafina loved the parade which always makes it worth going.










No comments:

Post a Comment