Friday, June 22, 2012

Sort of retro playground

We went to the playground in Clyde Park today. It had the sorts of equipment that they don't put on playgrounds in this day and age because they're allegedly too dangerous. Fina's favorite thing was the merry-go-round. I took the picture on her first ride, but later she was looking way less scared and doing such things as standing and yelling "push faster, minon!!"
I thought I took more pictures but apparently I just took one pic of each thing because I was too busy playing with the kids.

Here's Eloise refusing to ride on the chipmunk, and instead playing in the sand with a broken bucket that she found. I like how it looks like derpy horse is sneaking up on her.

Fina's second favorite thing was the teeter totter. Probably because there were no other kids her size so she sat on it while I slowly pushed her up and down and it wasn't too scary. Also, top of the teeter totter is the best place to take a picture of a kid because you get that blue sky in the background and the face of pure joy.

Fina sat down on this swing and said, "huh, they don't make swings like this anymore!"

Eloise thought Fi had a great idea so she asked me to push her in the baby swing. It was super high up so I didn't have to bend down to push.

Another teeter totter picture, just because they're so great. I put Eloise on the end of the teeter totter that I was pushing and held onto her and she screamed at me the whole time. She doesn't know what she's missing.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me she really did yell "Push faster, minion!" Or at least don't tell me if she didn't. Great pictures, it looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete