Thursday, February 3, 2011

Diapers

More diaper ramblings. Eloise has another diaper rash. I don't want to buy another pack of luvs because the last package leaked like crazy. I wish I could just use diaper rash cream with the diapers she normally wears, but that is bad to do because it leaves a residue. I wish a package of huggies would spawn on my doorstep. I am thinking of making some fleece liners for her diapers and seeing if they would protect the fancy pants diapers from the dreaded desitin. I refuse to give up on cloth diapers because my mother thought I shouldn't get them in the first place because she thought I'd lose interest in them and it would be a waste of money. I figured out that the possible cause of the rashes was that my new ebay diapers had a build up so she was having ammonia problems when she peed in them. But I washed them the other day and then rinsed them like 8 times and the burn your eyes (and probably eloise's butt) ammonia smell has gone away. (Note: the ammonia smell is only after the baby pees, the diapers don't come out reeking and i still put them on her butt.)

1 comment:

  1. "This diaper stinks. Oh well, glad it's not going on MY sensitive bits! Come here, babby!"

    Poor Eloise :( I hope the rinse helps and she stops getting rashes.

    ReplyDelete