Saturday, June 9, 2012

Birthday Cake

Fina has been begging to bake for weeks so we took it upon ourselves to bake a birthday cake for my mom. Fina kept coming up with "recipes" she wanted to try like "Mommy, wouldn't it be delicious if we added goldfish crackers to the cake when we make it?" But I'm the sort of jerk that just kept shooting her down.
I let her decorate it with minimal input though. She was trying to spread the frosting by mashing it down really hard and she tore the middle of the cake so I helped her with that part and then let her make some designs with the tube of icing she had picked. (Doesn't she have wonderful handwriting? j/k I wrote the words.)

Eloise was the official taste tester, although she cried and ran away when I first tried to give her the spatula I used to spread the frosting, she came around when I said "ok, I'm going to give it to Fina then." She looks all sugared up, this was after we were done and she was eating sprinkles plain.

She helped a little with decorating the cake, her job was throwing fistfuls of sprinkles on while her sister carefully placed them one by one on the other end.

It's very festive. Hopefully it tastes good, it was the prettiest cake I have ever baked before I frosted it, it was perfectly smooth on the top and not creepily lumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment