Saturday, June 9, 2012

No Training Wheels

I'm the world's newest believer in balance bikes. I was watching Fi zip around on Eloise's birthday bike yesterday and I said "You know, maybe we should just take the training wheels off your big bike."
She said no at first. Then she got her big bike out and rode up and down the sidewalk with her training wheels on. Then she said "I changed my mind, take the training wheels off." So I did, and then she was too scared. So I said "try riding like you do on Eloise's bike, just use your feet and don't bother with the pedals."

And she tried that, and then she got the little balance bike back and rode it a couple times. And then she said "let's do this. You hold my bike while I get going."

So I gave her a push and off she went. She still won't try starting off without me pushing and she'll only ride in a straight line, but as she builds her confidence I'm sure she'll be whizzing around the neighborhood in no time.

And here's a little clown wearing her sister's pants. She thought it was the funniest thing that ever happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment