Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cute Day

This morning I was informed that it was "cute day" and we had to dress in cute clothes, and hairbows were a necessity. Of course they've lost pretty much all their bows and barrettes through the course of Fina being in preschool for a year, so I decided to dig out my ribbon. I considered just tying a bow around their ponytails and being done, but since it was a special occasion and all, I dug out the glue gun too and googled "hair bow tutorial" and clicked on the first one that looked good to me.
Fina was a little disappointed with my choice, because she wanted "a bow that looks like a bow" but once I got Eloise's done she decided these wouldn't be too bad. Of course hers had to have a little more flair than Eloise's.

I took them outside to try to get pictures, but they were less than cooperative. I love how Fi has El in like a head lock.

Do you like the props? She chose them herself.

I finally gave in and let them go play, but I kept taking pictures hoping that perhaps one would turn out.

I was going to put a pink button in the middle of Eloise's flower to match her outfit but I like daisies and besides, she can wear her bow with other outfits.

It makes me want to get some more ribbon in different colors and some proper hair clips and experiment with making them all sorts of bows. (I just used bobby pins today and they worked fine but look a little funny in the hair because they're so big, especially on Eloise's head.)

No comments:

Post a Comment